Thursday, April 06, 2006

Danielle Bean - My Dutiful Dryer

Danielle Bean

Danielle writes bout her dryer in her blog. Her apppreciation of her family and her environment comes through on her blog. It is amusing, insightful sometimes scary - just like life.

The Franciscan concept of poverty came to mind when I read about her dryer. Full of quirks and up and downs, it is an icon of possession. I thought about how good of God to provide this dryer to her.

I don't think St. Francis would be one to have a dryer. He surely wouldn't have gone out to buy one. If he had one, he probably would have given it away. He might think twice if it had the quirks of Danielle's dryer. In which case he would be heard "Be praised my Lord for Sister Dryer who helps me clothe the naked...."

With all the things that can go wrong with possessions, that sentiment is not so bad.

No comments: