Tuesday, December 18, 2007

baby hedgehog - iriqi


baby hedgehog - iriqi
Originally uploaded by The Kosovar

I saw this picture and it reminded me of our pet hedgehogs we had about 6 or 7 years ago.

They are very hard to find, and I found a pet store that was willing to order it. We took a triip also to NYC where I found a nice fellow on the internet who had a pet hedgehog and was trying to get someone to pay attention to her.

So we had 2 hedgehogs. They lasted about 4 or 5 months. We used to let them go on the couch with us and Jennie would make a tunnel for them to run along. Our pet cats were curiouis but kept their distance.

How a spikey creature got to be so close to us is beyond me. When they picked up a cough and passed on it was sad for the whole family. Their time with us ws a special blessing and I'll aways have a warm place in my heart for these creatures.

No comments: