Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Who can this be?

Who can this be? Who can this be? that the sea and the wind obey him?

My wife Jennie likes thunderstorms. The raw power of God's creation is so awesomely displayed that she delights in them. I like the smell of the world after a storm.
My 8 year old enjoys the rainbow after the storm, most likely for the beautiful brilliant colors. I am always reminded of God's promise that He will not touch us with anything like the flood of Noah's day.

Near the top of my blog I keep a quote: Lord I shall be very busy today... I may forget thee, please don't forget me.

God keeps nature in line, and the storms come to allow us to experience "after the storm". I sometimes forget that the storm is also gift, a gift that God invites us to embrace and make our own.

I pray today for all my brothers and sisters in whatever storm they stand in, that God will give us the strength to see it through, but if it is Gods will that we have to stand in it, may He be our umbrella, freeing us to obey Him and to act, as always, in love.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory now and forever. Amen.

No comments: