Friday, April 16, 2010

Giving Thanks for the dogs in our lives...

Giving Thanks for the dogs in our lives...

Why is it that dogs get such a bum rap... treated like a dog, ugly as as dog, etc.

I am not currently in a relationship with a family dog (cats rejoicing here!!!)
but the dogs of my memory have been wonderful companions and create unforgettable family moments.

My sister has a puppy (?!?) This huge, excitable pit/rot mix who is happy to see everyone and completes my sister's family. They are going through some ruff moments and their Belle helps my dear sis keep her sanity.

Jennie and I both have had shelter dogs and it is rewarding. After hearing of a friends ordeal with their dog in the veterinary ER last night, and the copious amount of love that these furry gifts of God bring to us, it crosses my mind that it might be nice to have a dog around...

But the cats are not of the dog owning persuasion and they are threatening the furniture... looking at me like I should keep my opinions to myself... If only they would keep their opinions to themselves...

Look for their rebuttal post when they learn my password. They already spend more time on the computer (and/or printer) than the kids.

No comments: