Thursday, April 28, 2005

My Fathers Image

"He who has seen me has seen the Father"

Father Thomas Lynch, our pastor at Saint James, preached on this topic a couple of Sundays ago. The Holy Spirit has kept this phrase on my heart.

Jesus' disciple Phillip asks Jesus to show him the Father. Jesus responds that he has been with Phillip all this time and still Phillip asks...

At one point, St. Francis shed all his earthly posessions (in particular his clothing) and posts himself in front of the Bishop's residence. "No longer call me son of my earthly Father, but rather, my Fatehr who art in heaven." Francis may have been dissing his earthly Father, but he was, as typical through the actions of his life, pointing at Jesus.

My father Chester Kravitz passed away to his eternal reward December 1, 2004. He was an exceptionally kind and loving man.
His friends remember his smile. I am convinced that his smile was one of God's finest physical gifts he could have passed on to me.

No comments: